Bono appeared on NBC’s Today, but he didn’t talk music.
Instead, the U2 singer discussed reading. As part of Jenna Bush Hager’s Open Book segment, Bono spoke about a few of his favorite books, how he developed his love of reading and which books he read to his girls — and even admitted to having stolen a few when he was a kid.
The books he mentioned included:
- Lifelines: Notes on Life and Love, Faith and Doubt – Malcolm Doney and Martin Wroe
- Moby Dick – Herman Melville
- The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis
- My Name Is Asher Lev – Chiam Potok
- Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
- Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling
He also recalled sending a copy of his friend Maurice Seezer’s CD and book of Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf to Bush Hager when her child was born. Bono illustrated the book, which benefited the Dublin-based Irish Hospice Foundation, with help from his daughters Jordan and Eve.